On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 4:25 PM Duke Normandin <dukeofpurl@gmx.com> wrote:
On Mon, 30 May 2022 23:01:27 +0200
Gerhard Sittig <gerhard.sittig@gmx.net> wrote:

Old-school here!

[snip]

> Quoting the _relevant_ part of what's being replied to also helps
> seeing what the reply refers to. Full-quotes are bad style, too,
> by the way.

Quite right!

[snip]

>   A: It makes it hard to follow a conversation.
>   Q: What's so bad about it?
>   A: Answer on top, full quote below.
>   Q: What's the most annoying thing about email?

Sadly, the neo-smartphone weenies may not grok what/we are talking
about. Their noses are constantly into a smartphone, and when they
reply to a msg the cursor is at the top of perhaps pages and pages
of text. They don't trim! They don't give a rat's ass! No clue! No
class!
--
Duke
** Bottom-posting, text-only is the netiquette way! **

I think this may be going a step too far, folks. Let's keep it respectful.

/s/ Adam