That's a good approach, and one I follow as much as possible.

Regarding the JSON writer, be careful that the interface you define
must be a bit more than naive though, because it probably needs
to support some way to distinguish tables as arrays from tables as
maps.

Thanks for the input! I'll go with it then! :)

RE the JSON writer: I still haven't used all of the available endpoints, but I don't think there's any one that needs JSON as input (maybe only the config endpoints, at most; but I'll worry about that when it needs worrying). I was working on this late at night and I was in need of sleep ^^; sorry for the confusion. But it's good to keep in mind, so thanks!

Of the endpoints I know and have used that take input in the body (e.g. /add), they expect multipart/form-data of file content.