Hello list!

I'm happy to announce a new release of LuaRocks, the package manager for Lua.

What's new in LuaRocks 3.9.0:

* `builtin` build mode now always respects CC, CFLAGS and LDFLAGS
* Check that lua.h version matches the desired Lua version
* Check that the version of the Lua C library matches the desired Lua version
* Fixed deployment of non-wrapped binaries
* Fixed crash when `--lua-version` option is malformed
* Fixed help message for `--pin` option
* Unix: use native methods and don't always rely on $USER to determine user
* Windows: use native CLI tooling more
* macOS: support .tbd extension when checking for libraries
* macOS: add XCode SDK path to search paths
* macOS: add best-effort heuristic for library search using Homebrew paths
* macOS: avoid quoting issues with LIBFLAG
* macOS: deployment target is now 11.0 on macOS 11+
* added DragonFly BSD support
* LuaRocks test suite now runs on Lua 5.4 and LuaJIT
* Internal dependencies of standalone LuaRocks executable were bumped

LuaRocks 3.9.0 contains commits by Alex Richard, @Aire-One, @stevenwdv
and Hisham Muhammad. You can find detailed credits in the Git history.

You can find all links for installation at https://luarocks.org —
source packages for all supported platforms and binaries for Windows
(32 and 64 bit) as well as Linux x86-64 are available.

Special thanks go to Kong <https://konghq.com/> and itch.io
<https://itch.io> for their continued commitment to open source,
sponsoring the maintenance of the LuaRocks in various ways. If your
company is interested in sponsoring the maintenance of LuaRocks and/or
a support contract, feel free to contact me off-list at
hisham@luarocks.org.

Cheers!

-- Hisham