If I get the key from the site, the window of vulnerability is small: I
only need to get it once.
For any new key there will (hopefully) be an announcement, signed with the
old key, containing the new key's fingerprint.
Also, I can get a key from a keyserver or any other place. It's not about
the key, it's about its fingerprint
which you can publish in multiple places: on the site, on social media,
mention it in a conference talk, etc.