G'day,

I'm using the IM, CD and IUP PDF documentation (in WebBook form) to
help me exercise code.

However, while HTML file tree (e.g. with "../drv/pptx.c" relative paths)
works well on both the online and downloadable-HTML versions, the PDF
version chokes badly on filesystem-hierarchy links, e.g. (for a
mythical user "x"):

        ../func/init.html#cdCreateCanvas

generates an error:

        Unable to run the command specified. The file or folder /home/x/func/init.html does not exist.

I'm currently in a very-high-latency chat (roughly 3-day round-trip
for a request/response exchange) with Antonio Scuri about one
approach to this:  Very briefly (just the portion of URLs that we are
transforming here):

        URL = "../func/init.html#cdCreateCanvas"

        Path, Target = URL:match("([^#]*)(#.*)")
        Path = MakeCanonicalPath(Path)
        Sha1sum = sha1sum.sum(Path)
        FlattenedURL = Sha1sum .. Target

--

This message is brought on by a desire to explore an alternative
approach, where I do note use "wkhtmltopdf", which appears to be

Trouble is, I don't know enough about HTML (XHTML? XML? ...?)
parsers for Lua (perhaps a C library delivered by LuaRocks).
I've tried using "luaexpat", but while it works on trivial files,
I cannot get any output from the top-level CD WebBook "doc/index.html"
file.

Any help/pointers would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance for your consideration,

sur-behoffski (Brenton Hoff)
programmer, Grouse Software