A library binding various POSIX APIs. POSIX is the IEEE Portable Operating System Interface standard. luaposix is based on lposix.

I am happy to announce release 35.1 of luaposix.

If you have moved to the new low-level APIs, and don't rely on the Lua backwards compatibility layer and convenience functions, you can safely omit those dependencies and use the C layer only.

luaposix's home page is at https://github.com/luaposix/luaposix/, with documentation at https://luaposix.github.io/luaposix.

## Noteworthy changes in release 35.1 (2021-09-09) [stable]

### Bugs Fixed

  • Documentation cleanups: full and correct return docs including an
    errnum where necessary; make sure we have a link to SUSv3 wherever
    available; add an ', if successful' suffix to a normap return
    result followed by error return results; fixed several typos.

  • Update fork2.lua example to match current APIs

### New Features

  • Support AF_PACKET socket family, where available.

  • Support SIGINFO, SIGWINCH and SA_RESTART, where available.

Install it with LuaRocks, using:

luarocks install luaposix 35.1