On Mon, Sep 6, 2021 at 3:50 PM Roberto Ierusalimschy
<roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

> A small illustration: as far as I can find, the standard says nothing
> about the possibility of a stack overflow due to too many pending
> calls. There is no way to check it, there is no ensured minimum,
> it is not defined as undefined, nothing.

Upon reflecting on it, a program can have arbitrarily deep call chains
without causing undefined behavior, but in doing so it is likely to
cause implementation-defined behavior, wherein a signal will be sent
to the program that it will most likely be unable to dismiss. "The
complete set of signals, their semantics, and their default handling
is implementation-defined".

Cheers,
V.