On Thu, Jul 15, 2021, at 17:36, George Williams wrote:
I have been a C++ developer since 1990, and a Lua user since 2012. I would like to get involved in developing the core Lua system, or an interesting side project. I also have a strong background in Mathematics, and have developed mathematical modelling software.

I have a Windows development environment,with MS VC++.

Hello George,

the Lua core project does not accept (code) contributors. However there are many important projects in the Lua ecosystem that do.

I suggest you pick one you use and look at their contribution process directly.

--
Pierre Chapuis