G'day,

I'm happy to announce the initial (-alpha2) release, on
SourceForge, of the project "lglicua".  This is an
"Assistant" for users that wish to pursue private
scientific/technical Lua projects on more than one GNU/Linux
distribution.  The entire Assistant is available as a Git
repository.

This announcement is being made on lua-l and on iup-users.

--

I owe a deep and heartfelt thanks to Antonio Scuri of Tecgraf,
the Project Manager in charge of IM/CD/IUP (as well as working

--

The main summary and download tarball page is at:

        https://sourceforge.net/projects/lglicua/

Note the last part of the summary:

        The "hello, world" dialog box Bash/Lua script is two lines:

                #!/bin/bash ../support/play-lua-tec
                iup=require("iuplua"); iup.Message("MyApp", "hello, world")

--

There are shortcomings in the range of Distributions
supported, and also, sadly, the Assistant currently is

--

The link above gives a short summary.  A longer summary is
given in README.md, e.g.:

        https://sourceforge.net/projects/lglicua/files/
        https://sourceforge.net/p/lglicua/code/ci/master/tree/

This breaks down the "lglicua" name...:

        lglicua:

        l       -- Lua:
                           https://www.lua.org/

         gl     -- GNU/Linux

           icu  -- PUC-RIO (Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro)
                   Tecgraf Institute of Technical-Scientific Software:

                           https://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/

           i    -- IM (Image Manipulation) https://sourceforge.net/projects/imtoolkit/
            c   -- CD (Canvas Draw) https://sourceforge.net/projects/canvasdraw/
             u  -- IUP (Toolkit for GUIs) https://sourceforge.net/projects/iup/

              a -- Assistant

--

... and gives a longer description of what the Assistant is
about:

        Table of Contents:

        1. About IM, CD and IUP;
        2. Why write the Assistant?
        3. System Requirements and Recommendations (as at May 2021);
        4. Brief summary of Assistant components;
        5. Initial Installer PROJECT/install/i (./i) script help:
        6. Initial Build "quirky" PROJECT/build/q (./q) script help:

--------

cheers,

sur-behoffski (Brenton Hoff)
programmer, Grouse Software