Hello All,

I would like to share a project that I am starting: The LUA EOS
It provides an event driven non-preemptive LUA tasks for embedded systems.
Yes, nothing new as Coroutines are already there. But the idea is to put together a framework to make easier the integration between app layer  and the native RTOS implementation.

It is the same successful idea that has been used in many systems where Java provides a secure way for end users to write applications without compromising the native implementation. Similarly,  LUA replaces Java for the same means.

LUA EOS intents to provide a ready to use framework with a LUA scheduler on top of FreeRTOS. BTW... there is a small OS abstraction layer and it can actually run on top of other OS's. Its simulator based on Qt is an example.

The following video shows the concept:
https://rumble.com/veh9ed-lua-eos-for-embedded-systems.html

In Portuguese:
https://rumble.com/veh9lv-lua-eos-systema-operacional-para-embarcados.html

I am still figuring out its license model but I would like to make it free for non-commercial use (licensed otherwise). I am trying to get sponsorship from Semiconductor suppliers to port the framework to their targets. I hope that works out in getting resources to the project.

Anyone seriously considering to join this project please let me know. We can share the cake if the project gears up.

Regards,
Marcelo Varanda