>>>>> "Roberto" == Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> writes:

 Luiz> Lua 5.4.3 (rc1) is now available for testing at
 Luiz> http://www.lua.org/work/lua-5.4.3-rc1.tar.gz

 >> This changes the API incompatibly in a minor revision.

 Roberto> Whould you mind explaining?

Code written for 5.4.2 expects lua_pop / lua_settop to close variables,
but as soon as you load it with a 5.4.3 binary or .so, that stops
happening and the code no longer behaves correctly (if you build lua
with asserts you can get an assert failure, I haven't explored what can
happen without asserts but I bet it's possible for it to crash).

--
Andrew.