On Thu, 2021-01-28 at 20:58 +0800, 孙世龙 sunshilong wrote:
> Hi, list
>
> Both Lua and Python have been used as the programming languages for
> the robot control, e.g:
> A competitor in the Danish robotic race "DTU RoboCup" has been a Lua
> driven robot called 'Crazy Ivan'.
> Lua is used as the programming language for the robot's "brain" and
> all decisions are taken in Lua.(for details, see
> https://www.lua.org/wshop12.html#Hougaard)
>

> Which is better for robot control, Lua or Python?
> What aspects should be considered when making such a choice?

I doubt there could be a defenitive answer to such a question. Lua have
generally better portability and speed, python is more commonly known.
While Lua may be more suitable for this task, both languages should
perform somewhat equally. I'd say that both aren't a great idea and
stick to compiling instead of interpreting when coding for a
microcontroller, but it is a separate discussion.

All of the above assumes that your code run on microcontroller. If it
doesn't, I think the "control robots" part is not very impactful and
question boils down to simply comparing two languages which would be
tricky for obvious reasons.
--
v <v19930312@gmail.com>