This is really cool. CMake works but its syntax is clunky. Lua seems like an ideal solution. CMake has flaws such as not distinguishing between CMake dependency references and link libraries. That has cost me a lot of time personally until I trained myself to be hyper-aware of possible mistakes in dependency names. I will give xmake a try. I also like the idea of luarocks integration. If we go that way, we will want to use our own package server, because we need ensure our build dependencies will still work 10 years from now.

Tom

From: Ruki Wang <waruqi@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 6:27 AM
To: lua-l@lists.lua.org
Subject: A luarocks plugin to build lua/c/c++ module based on xmake

Dear Lua community,

I'm proud to announce the initial public release of luarocks-build-xmake, a luarocks plugin to build lua/c/c++ module based on xmake buildsystem.

Please visit this article for more info: https://github.com/xmake-io/luarocks-build-xmake/wiki/A-luarocks-build-plugin-for-lua-module-with-c--based-on-xmake

In addition, xmake is a cross-platform build system based on lua. we can get more info from the project home page: https://github.com/xmake-io/xmake

Looking forward to your feedback, thanks!

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR RECIPIENTS IN THE U.S.A.:
This message may constitute an advertisement of a BD group's products or services or a solicitation of interest in them. If this is such a message and you would like to opt out of receiving future advertisements or solicitations from this BD group, please forward this e-mail to optoutbygroup@bd.com. [BD.v1.0]
This message (which includes any attachments) is intended only for the designated recipient(s). It may contain confidential or proprietary information and may be subject to the attorney-client privilege or other confidentiality protections. If you are not a designated recipient, you may not review, use, copy or distribute this message. If you received this in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you.
Corporate Headquarters Mailing Address: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) 1 Becton Drive Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417 U.S.A.