On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 10:17 PM wrote:
> I see you have removed os.setlocale() from the standard library.
> How to switch between C locale and national locale?
LuaRT does not use the concept of C locale.

Does it mean that the "%w" pattern will always match national alphabet characters?
In some projects I prefer to have "%w" as ASCII7-only.
Do I have to use "[A-Za-z%d]" instead in LuaRT?

Char intervals are treated the same. An accentued character (for example
"à") is not in the interval [A-Z] (which includes letters, but not
accentued letters).

Is char interval interpreted from the point of view of the alphabet
or from the point of view of codepoint numeric values?
For example, "А" is the first letter of the Russian alphabet, "Я" is the last letter.
The letter "Ё" is somewhere between them in the alphabet,
but codepoint("Ё") is beyond the numeric range of codepoint("А")...codepoint("Я")
So, what would be the result of string.find("Ё", "[А-Я]") in LuaRT?