On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 00:20:53 +0000
Phil Leblanc <philanc@gmail.com> wrote:

> A nice point of view about Lua
> https://andregarzia.com/2021/01/lua-a-misunderstood-language.html

Lua always did about everything right, at least for me. I'm following
it only since about version 4. I came to Lua precisely for its C
interface. It turned out to be also a very useful scripting language,
very similar to, but still more powerful than Javascript. All this in a
runtime system that can be compiled to down to ~100k... that's what
matters for me.

Regarding the 1-based indexing - You can always initialize with
{ [0]=... }, and whoops, it's 0-based. This was a minor annoyance when
we wrote a raymarcher in Lua (ported from GL, ported also to
Javascript, but Lua looked better than JS).

- Timm

--
Timm S. Mueller <tmueller@schulze-mueller.de>
Tel. 030 85610000, http://www.schulze-mueller.de/