Would You also please consider MSYS2 infrastructure? I do have a few
friends who are particulary happy about it.
Also, lately I was thinking to dig deeper into MingW providing some
builds which may scratch my and someone else's itches...

Another elephant in the room, which, in my blunt opinion should not be
forgotten, Windows is a bitch to develop for and maintain.
Packaging and installers are pretty hard to do, and to do it well.
Plenty of foundations and companies who does FOSS are forced
either to invest some additional money or just to ditch it entirely
for the community to sort it (Win packaging/bundling/etc) out on their
own.

For example, if I recall it right, from a few latest conferences, for
QGis it takes like... ~5% of revenue just to pay someone to deal with
it.