HI. I'm unable to run Lua 5.2 on Eclipse 2020-12 on Windows 10.

I cannot get my program to run or debug. I get timeouts instead.

I set up my project (LutTest01) with two trivial files, a main.lua and a main_Test.lua.

When I try to Run or Debug, I get a popup that says:

Problem Occurred
`Launching LuaTest01_main_Test' has encountered a problem.

Debugging Engine takes too long to initialize

I see that someone complained, in the Eclipse Community Forums, about the same problem on Sat, 13 April 2019 16:34. The only responses in the past 21 months were  three "Me Too"s, me too.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,
Steve Kelem