Em sáb., 12 de dez. de 2020 às 17:32, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> escreveu:
> What motivated me to do this job is to try to improve Lua's performance and learn during the process.

What total improvement do you get with these patches?
it is difficult to measure accurately, I am still learning to test Lua.
But the tests can be reduced from 10.42s (Lua) to 9.95s (Lua patched).
And factorial.lua, the best result I got was:
0.053000
0.055000
0.051000
0.051000
0.051000
0.051000
0.051000
0.055000
0.055000
0.055000
0.059000
0.055000
Averange: 0.053500
Five 0.051000

I think that some programs will benefit, others won't make a difference.

For the second set of patches, I was able to:
factorial.lua: 0.041000
scimark.lua: SciMark 82.34 [small problem sizes]

But unfortunately, it was not stable and failed some test, so I have to work on them more.