Your crash is happening inside the garbage collector. I suspect you're
corrupting memory earlier in the program, and that lua_pcall on Win64
is just the trigger for the crash rather than the true cause. Try
defining LUA_USE_APICHECK, compiling with Clang's sanitizers enabled,
and running the Linux build under valgrind. Hopefully, one of those
will reveal the actual faulty line.

Joseph C. Sible