> On 23. Nov 2020, at 20.23, Egor Skriptunoff <egor.skriptunoff@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> BTW, why did you refuse to fix this bug?
> The operation of assigning nil to a table key must never trigger table rehash.
> Because assigning nil is never a table-growth operation.
> That will fix everything.

Interesting.

I’m sometimes clearing and reusing tables to avoid dynamic memory allocations in realtime systems (games). Does this mean that there’s some catastrophic slowdown in some rare case? If so, I’d definitely need to revise my coding practices.

Does the issue only occur with arrays? Are pure dictionaries also affected?

Petri