Hi Sorn,

On 12 Nov 2020, at 14:22, Sorn Županić Maksumić <maksumic.sorn@gmail.com> wrote:

To summarize, why join Lua Forum?
  • People new to programming are most likely not going to join a mailing list
  • The forum has great SEO and it’s the first place many beginners look for help
  • Technical documentation can be scary and there's no way to ask a question
  • Experts can share good coding practice and style
  • Posts will never be deleted

I hope you join, but no pressure if you don't. It's up to you.

Out of curiosity I tried joining your forum.  First of all, I note that it is a closed forum: new accounts require moderator approval.  I do not approve of that at all; I have no interest in participating in closed forums and am likely to cancel my account as a result.  Secondly, I joined last week and I have been waiting for five days now for my account to be approved, which is hardly an encouraging start.

If you are trying to create a welcoming place for beginners then I would suggest that you are falling well short of the mark.  Just my opinion, take it for what it’s worth.

Regards,
Chris

Chris Smith <space.dandy@icloud.com>