> I never see any platform that NULL is not all-zeroes representation.

Hi!

The infamous comp.lang.c Frequently Asked Questions at
http://c-faq.com has a subsection on null pointers in C
which I find helpful to clarify some C subtleties.
http://c-faq.com/null/

In particular, there's one entry discussing architectures where the
internal representation of the null pointer isn't zero bytes.
http://c-faq.com/null/machexamp.html

One catchy thing that I discovered with this FAQ is that if you
initialize some data containing pointers by writing zero bytes over
it, well you're not *for these architectures* initializing the
pointers to the null pointer (if you were a hacker in the '80s).

Best regards,

-- Antonin