Not entirely sure about this one as it depends on notable list of
libraries, but I'd suggest lgi, the Lua bindings to GLib. Even without
GTK Gui it still have great potential, as it exposes entire GLib/Gio
functional to Lua.
One of best features it have are async operations, so you e.g. can copy
many files at the same time without too much pain. I'd say it can
replace following of rocks:
luafilesystem (but I'd still keep it as it's much simpler)
luaposix (I think most functional is covered)
luasocket + luasec (with libsoup)
hashers (see
https://developer.gnome.org/glib/stable/glib-Data-Checksums.html#GChecksumType
 for supported ones)
Overall, it's a really powerful tool, with coroutine-based async
support allowing for complex inter-process interactions.

--
v <v19930312@gmail.com>