What is the current state of Pallene?

This is meant as a statically typed compiled companion to Lua, written by
the same team that is compatible with Lua, can be called by or call Lua
more efficiently and cleaner than calling C API or FFI.  It also shares
garbage collection.

I am keeping an eye on this - I currently am using luajit 2.1.0-beta3 and
luaLanes for the heavy lifing in a large simulation suite.

Compiling core routines that don't need dynamic typing or lazy arguments
etc may be a route to take.