On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 1:21 PM 孙世龙 sunshilong <sunshilong369@gmail.com> wrote:
> >will physical damage or monetary loss occur if you miss a deadline, are
> >your deadlines measured in microseconds?
> Basically, soft real-time is needed.

You can try to trade speed for jitter if code is fast enough. I mean,
I have a system which is somehow realtime, I process messages in lua
normally finish in a hundreds of microseconds. I experimented by
running a collection after each message, the mean handling time was
higher but deviation was lower  ( as I had a network of long lived
objects implementing the handlers and a bunch of data generated to
handle the message and expiring after handling ) ( I can try to dig
out the code, but I zapped it many lua versions ago  as collection
pauses where very small and I didn't want to maintain the extra code
).

Francisco Olarte.