On Tue, Jul 07, 2020 at 03:34:28PM -0300, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
> > > - How do you generate these tests?
>
> My question was how they generate the Lua code that trigger those
> issues.  I am not sure whether they can be simplified; the code is quite
> convoluted.

You can build with AddressSanitizer like

  make MYCFLAGS="-fsanitize=address" MYLDFLAGS="-fsanitize=address"

but I can't reproduce on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, neither with gcc (9.3.0) nor
clang (10.0.0). It definitely would help to know more about the test
environment.

I *can* reproduce the getobjname report, though, with both GCC and clang.