On 24/06/2020 21:38, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
Lua 5.4.0 (rc6) is available for testing at
	http://www.lua.org/work/
Download it and give it a try.

We thank everyone for their feedback on Lua 5.4.0 till now.

If there is no further feedback on Lua 5.4.0, we'll freeze it next week,
and it will become the current release of Lua.

All feedback welcome. Thanks.
--lhf

May I suggest versioning also the test suite? I mean, giving the test suite here:

http://www.lua.org/work/

a name that matches the RC or beta or release version it is intended to be applied to. Even if it doesn't change. It would be clearer and it won't cause confusion about whether or not the test suite changed.

I mean, e.g.:

lua-5.4.0-rc6-tests.tar.gz

instead of simply:

lua-5.4.0-tests.tar.gz

Moreover, as an added bonus, it will be useful for archiving purposes. For example people could have had issues with an RC and a specific suite (issues non necessarily caused by Lua). Archiving an RC (or beta, etc.) with the corresponding suite could be useful.

Thanks.

-- Lorenzo