Adrew,

exactly that: trying to cast a negative integral.

I will now remain silent.

Sorry,

Alex

Andrew Gierth wrote:
"Alexander" == Alexander Walz <agena.info@t-online.de> writes:
  Alexander> Hi,

  Alexander> when merging Lua 5.4 code into a Lua 5.1 fork, I noticed
  Alexander> problems on my Raspberry Pi 4 and also on Power PC with
  Alexander> lobjects.c/str2num returning 2^32 with integral arguments
  Alexander> that are within its range, when reading values from files.

What values, and in what way did you modify l_str2int? And what types
are you using for lua_Integer, lua_Unsigned etc? It all works fine for
me on my ARM systems.

(A common error that shows up on ARM platforms is if you try and cast a
negative float value to an unsigned integer; this is undefined in C.)