> Very interesting! Do you happen to have before & after screenshots somewhere?

Thank you for asking. It is a good idea so here there are some
screenshots to compare with and without subpixel font rendering.

https://github.com/rxi/lite/issues/145#issuecomment-641554095

Actually I have introduced not only subpixel but also "slight hinting"
i.e. hinting only in the y axis and gamma correction.

> However, I doubt this gets accepted to the main repo because it brings so many new dependencies, but definitely worth a try! In any case a fork is always a good option.

Agree, the Lite's author is very inclined on minimalism so he may not
accept the complexity brought by the AGG library with C++ and the
additional dependencies (AGG library and Freetype2). IMHO the result
is worth the additional complexity but other people may have a
different advice.

Francesco