I'm really speaking about Notepad++: it has multiple "tabs", but only two can be visible (side by side: an editor 1 on the left, and an editor2 on the right).
The "tabs" are just buttons to select which text will go into one of the two possible editors (these two views may show different position in the same single document).
There's still no way to have 3 or 4 tabs simultaneously, either side by side, or below each other (which should be the prefered presentation for "tabs" open on the same document).

Le dim. 31 mai 2020 à 11:25, Enrico Colombini <erix@erix.it> a écrit :
On 31-May-20 00:44, Philippe Verdy wrote:
> Only one bad thing about Notepad++ is that it has only two editor panels
> presetned side by side, instead of generic tabs.

Are you sure you are talking about Notepad++? I routinely keep lots of
tabs opened in it.
(under Linux I use SciTE which is basically the same thing, except than
some of the settings can only be changed by manually editing the
configuration files)

--
   Enrico