Lorenzo,

I recognize myself in what you write in your 'rant'. I am a relatively experienced C programmer and I think this is one of the reasons why was able to like Lua so much. If I were not a C programmer... who knows? For sure, the quick start was not so quick: I downloaded so many different Lua installations (uLua, LuaPower, Lua from lua.org, LuaForWindows, LuaJIT, ... I compiled my own).

I also think Lua should be more widespread and I find myself pushing for Lua adoption while I am told to use Python (and microPython) - It seems that someone here has had the same experience (at CERN Lua is limited to MAD). Where I see _javascript_ I would like to see Lua. Where I see Python I would like to see Lua.

What can I do to help?

For example: I have seen a discussion on the "dry" manual

Could we start a cooperation to write a less "dry" yet official manual?

As an example, I would love a manual who justify why things are as they are (a lot of questions I have asked here had to do something about the reason, the advantage, etc - and I know that lua-wiki and lua-l have some answer but one has to dig deep, which I did by the way!).

    Andrea

Too much for a "pure" Lua programmer, IMO.
I really think Lua should be more widespread, and a good ref man that
:
Usually lua-l friendliness compensated for that, but you must be willing
And mind you, I hear ever more people wanting to embed Python nowadays!

 Andrea

--
Andrea Vitali