Philippe:

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 1:51 PM Philippe Verdy <verdyp@gmail.com> wrote:

Cool of a bit, keep calm, avoid calling names.

> So now you've shown that:
> - you don't know basic binary arithmetic

Given I haven't shown ANY arithmetic is very difficult to have shown
that either I know or do not know it. You are the only one posting
pages of seudo operations and algorithms, not me.

> - you don't know the Knuth algorithm

Same as before. I have stated I know it. Beside that I have exposed
nothing about my knowledge of it.

> You just stated that you have read TAOP (or affimed you had one copy of it), but you did not read it or did not understand it.

I have stated, or affirmed that I have read it and understood it and
that I own more than one copy.

You say I have not, ok, that's an opinion based on what?

> I have then serious doubts that you're qualified to evaluate the issue correctly,

Oh, feel free to have serious doubts. I have not proven it.

> and even to correctly use the integer operators in any other C programs you write yourself: you don't care at all with precision limits, and don't care about the semantics and constraints explicitly given in TAOP or other serious papers about how to program in C.

C and TAOCP? Any way feel free to think any way you like, you live in
a free country.

> And this remains true even if you did not initially write this piece code (because you just borrowed it from another source that was not properly reviewed and fixed before you reused it without reviewing it).

This here is more serious. You are accusing me of borrowing an unnamed
piece of code. I would like to know what piece of code you acuse me of
borrowing, and wher did I borrowed it from.

I'm very careful on what code I put in public places. Tell me please.
List is archived, so it should be easy to locate the place.

> If you still have doubts and you did not write the piece of code you borrowed from another source, then consult the initial author of that source, he should also assert that this piece of code has effectively a bug and is not a correct implementation of Knuth's fast hashing algorithm).

Again, which code am I accused from borrowing?

Francisco Olarte.