On Wed, May 27, 2020, 01:34 Andrea
Let's say I know I need to create a big table and I do not want rehashes to happen when I am filling it.

What is the best way in Lua to create the big table?

Is there any way to create a big table with only the array or only the hash part?

This can be done with the C API but I am wondering if there is way in Lua. It seems not but maybe I missed something.

I can only think about big constructors list in the source code - but there is a limit on how big they can be right?

Right, you can only do it with big constructor lists. I don't know if there's a limit on those.