On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 6:51 PM Coda Highland <chighland@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you aware of a linker that doesn't unify string literals?

Well, the boundary between the compiler and the linker is blurry these
days, but I'd say you would need to ask the compiler for that. In some
(debug?) builds this may be off by default.

Lua itself assumes nothing about that, keeping that string pointer in
the global state and using only the pointer after it was initialized.
I did not understand what Massimo was trying to achieve.

Cheers,
V.