That is exactly how this kind of stuff is done in C, and boy does that lead to ugly code. It is tedious, error prone, and, again, ugly but this can be done. Unfortunately, all that gets broken as soon as somebody starts using long jumps liberally, and Lua is a very liberal user of them, because that is how it implements its errors.

I share the same opinion as you. I happen to find goto where it could have been avoided. I am a C programmer. I am not very familiar with other languages which have constructs to handle exceptions/errors. So this is why I was asking - and I think I got very good answers.

Thank you very much for your notes

    Andrea

--
Andrea Vitali