A few years ago, I wrote string split module for myself, and I eventually put it
up on LuaRocks.

I’m not going to be able to maintain it any longer, but since it’s gotten a fair
number of downloads, I don’t want to just delete it either. If anyone wants to
maintain it, I’m happy to transfer the GitHub repo. (I’m not sure how to handle
transfers on LuaRocks. It might be easiest for me to delete my version and a new
maintainer to upload theirs, but someone may know better.)

https://luarocks.org/modules/telemachus/split
https://github.com/telemachus/split

Let me know.

Thanks, Peter