I've just published the first release of Daemonparts, a collection of
boilerplate for unix services. Modules in this release include
detaching into the background, forking and controlling child processes,
locating configuration files, a simple logging framework, reacting to
signals, and a brute force reloader.

Many of the modules, while the idea is simple, are things that are
tedious or tricky to get right - especially when portability is
required. I found myself copy/pasting this code so many times I turned
it into a library.

It is pure Lua, though requires lunix and optionally cqueues.
Daemonparts may be installed via Luarocks.

https://zadzmo.org/code/daemonparts

--
Aaron B. <aaron@zadzmo.org>