On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 7:59 PM Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

> If there are no signals, then there are two cases:

There is a third case: threads.

But I'd really like to avoid looking at this case by case. If I remember correctly, we - you and I - had an exchange in this same list about calling lua_sethook() and back then it seemed to me that you were explicitly willing to make and keep lua_sethook() callable and meaningful "asynchronously", whatever the latter might mean on the platform Lua is used.

> For the first case, Lua will eventually call the hook

Does this apply to the case when lua_sethook() is called asynchronously, after the loop execution begins?

Thanks,
V.