Hello Roberto,

Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br>:
> Maybe I am missing something, but I think both can (and should) use the
> standard Vector. The idea of this concept is to allow one to change the
> endianess of the array elements, not the order of the elements in the
> array. Both checkliteral and dumpSize use arrays of chars, so endianess
> is not an issue.

It's not an issue in terms of effect, but using block calls in these
(and some other) cases seems more natural to me (when thinking in
terms of "this area depends on byte order, so it uses vector, and this
explicitly doesn't, so it uses block") and, in case of conditional
swapping, is (probably unnoticeably) more efficient. You should, of
course, do as you see fit:)

Best regards,

--
DoubleF