>>>>> "Tony" == Tony Papadimitriou <tonyp@acm.org> writes:

 Tony> With v5.4 however I get into the stack issues I have reported
 Tony> that crash the tests. The same happens with MSVC (2013) unless
 Tony> the -Ox option is used.

 Tony> There is no optimization option (as was suggested) with TCC to
 Tony> overcome this problem.

If your compiler can't optimize to the extent of doing register
allocation and avoiding stack temporaries, then the stack usage of
luaV_execute (which is called once per recursion level) will be much
larger than normal (in my tests, it could increase by over 10x). You
will therefore need to reduce LUAI_MAXCSTACK or use a linker option to
increase the allowed stack space.

--
Andrew.