> You wrote:
> With v5.4 however I get into the stack issues I have reported that crash the
>  tests
>
> Pls what do you mean with "tests" ?
> I know the authors in the Makefile put only this test:
>      lua -v
>
> Did I miss something?

It means the test suite. However, the OP seems to ignore this point in
the suite documentation:

    The test suite is not a product; it is just a tool for our internal
    use. It is available here by popular demand but we cannot give any
    kind of support for it. You're on your own.

A failure in some test has a higher chance of being a problem in the
test than in Lua, as is the case with that stack issue.

-- Roberto