On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 5:24 PM Alexandre Loures <alexandre.loures@ymail.com> wrote:

Searching the internet for alternative languages, I ended up with a SAS software page that said that you can work with R, Python and Lua scripts in SAS.

This caught my attention because SAS (as far as I know) is statistical / econometric software. So, I would like to know if there is a way to work with econometrics at Lua and if there is any material that could be passed on to me.

Thanks in advance for your attention!

What the people producing SAS have done is embed a Lua implementation into SAS and add interfaces so you can do things with SAS from a Lua program/script. Without SAS there is nothing specific in Lua that makes it specifically suited for econometric or statistical analysis, you would have to code statistical tests from scratch.

You may want to take a look at Julia ( http://julialang.org/ ) which has facilities for data manipulation and analysis etc. and can produce pretty graphics 😀.