Hi Lukas,

For some reason I assumed that the window would be part of
wxwidgets/wxlua app. If not, why not make the Windows API call instead
of wxwidgets?

> So I have still the problem - how to create "wxWindow *" from HWND?

There is wxWindowMSW::SubclassWin(WXHWND hWnd) to convert a handle
into wxWindow, but it may not be available, even though you may have
access to methods that it uses, so you can implement the same logic
yourself.

> 2. It seems that "wxNativeWindow" or its functions are not exported in wxLua (working with "wxLua-2.8.12.3-Lua-5.1.5-MSW-Ansi.zip" here).

Yes, it's not available in wxlua, but shouldn't be difficult to add.
Let me know if you decide to try this path and I can add it to wxlua
in the repository I maintain (https://github.com/pkulchenko/wxlua).

Paul.