Hi,

Are the functions `coroutine.close()` and `lua_resetthread()` provided only to allow to-be-closed variables to be closed immediately (as opposed to when the threads are garbage collected)? I ask because when looking at the sources, it is not clear to me that those functions are called during garbage collection.

Supposed I declared a to-be-closed variable in a coroutine, yielded the coroutine, but never intended to resume it. Would the to-be-closed variable in the coroutine ever be closed without explicitly calling `coroutine.close()`?

Cheers,
Mitchell