Hello list,

I am trying to build Lanes using MINGW64_NT-10.0-18363 to fix some issues users have mentioned. Before even getting there though, I have this error:

tools.c: In function 'inter_copy_keyvaluepair':
tools.c:1701:23: error: unknown conversion type character 'l' in format [-Werror=format=]
 1701 |     sprintf( valPath, "%s[" LUA_INTEGER_FMT "]", upName_, key);
      |                       ^~~~~

I use unmodified lua headers from the 5.4 rc1 version, but it is the same with 5.3.4 headers.

As far as I can tell, LUA_USE_WINDOWS is properly defined automatically, but LUA_INTEGER is set to LUA_INT_LONGLONG which in turn sets LUA_INTEGER_FRMLEN to "ll" instead of "I64".

A  bit of googling tells me I can probably make Lanes build by defining __USE_MINGW_ANSI_STDIO, but building Lua itself doesn't exhibit this error without resorting to that extremity.

There must be something obvious I missed someone more mingw-savvy than myself might think of right away?

Best regards,

--
Benoit.