On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 6:45 AM Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
Lua 5.4.0 (rc1) is now available for testing at
        http://www.lua.org/work/lua-5.4.0-rc1.tar.gz

The checksums are
        MD5     276c5d873d9358fd82d1a3c372123e38  -
        SHA1    33257f2b5c3fb4966b3a5a67611c1d4aaf72dca8  -

This is the final version of Lua 5.4.0 (rc1).

The main changes in Lua 5.4.0 are listed at
        http://www.lua.org/work/doc/#changes

An updated reference manual is included and also available at
        http://www.lua.org/work/doc

The complete diffs from beta to rc1 are available at
        http://www.lua.org/work/diffs-lua-5.4.0-beta-rc1.html
        http://www.lua.org/work/diffu-lua-5.4.0-beta-rc1.html

A test suite is available at
        http://www.lua.org/work/lua-5.4.0-tests.tar.gz

To build Lua in a common Unix-like platform, just do
        make
The Makefile will guess your platform using uname and build Lua for it.
We welcome feedback on this, which is new, especially more uname targets
with explicit rules and fixes for existing ones.

We also welcome feedback on the listings output by luac -l -l, because
luac has been rewritten to account for the new VM instructions.

All feedback welcome. Thanks.
--lhf
Hi,

A small patch to the mingw target would allow lua to build with the llvm-mingw compiler toolchain that I'm testing for windows. The llvm linker does not support linking directly against a dll.

I've put the patch here: https://pastebin.com/Yw4ZMeqX

As usual, I'm quite late in the game but I thought I'd put it out there.

Congratulations.
Russ