Hello.

I have released JAL 0.0.1 Alpha as a spinoff of Lua. JAL has
various changes to the codebase which in my opinion improve
the functionality on several points. Please do not view any
of this as criticism of Lua itself. I am not trying to say
what Lua should be like. Rather it is my own attempt at
exploring what makes a good programming language. Therefore
I am interested in how others change Lua for their needs.

As such I hope JAL is suitable for sharing here.

JAL is based on Lua 5.3.5. It passes the verification of
internal consistency checks (lua_assert and such) and the
(modified) testsuite. Main changes include extending the
capacity for interfacing, OOP and sandboxing. License of
the modifications is the same as that of Lua itself.

Just Another Lua - https://github.com/StefanLudwigGinsberg/JAL