On 25/02/2020 12:16, Soni "They/Them" L. wrote:

On 2020-02-24 11:22 p.m., Dennis Fischer wrote:
It's really a matter of having different places for different things.

[snip]

• I know this sounds a bit mean, but the higher barrier to entry keeps
the kids out. I don't mind helping people who actually want to learn,
but when you read "I have an idea for a roblox game who wants to build
it for me?" for the 100th time, you get a bit tired of it.

No it doesn't. I was like 14 when I joined. :v

Don't be mean to kids. You used to be one.

I guess Dennis didn't mean to address actual age, but the kind of user that can be described by:

"childish, spoiled kid that wants you to do their homework for you without showing any effort"

regardless of their age. And, yeah, I also grew quite tired of people asking for help and not even following the most basic netiquette rules which predate the Web by years.

[snip]