On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 12:10 PM Soni "They/Them" L. <fakedme@gmail.com> wrote:
What are some benefits of posting on the Lua mailing list instead of
places like stackoverflow?

Some of the ones I can think of include:

- The Lua mailing list doesn't have advertisements, other than the
occasional spam or self-promotion. Still, the Lua mailing list doesn't
have paid advertisement slots, "you get an ad every N emails" or any of
that. (at least as far as I can tell.)
- The Lua mailing list doesn't track you. Even if it does collect your
emails, it doesn't track your time spent reading or writing them or
anything like that.
- The Lua mailing list doesn't try to gamify assistance. There's no
incentive to farm any sort of points on the Lua mailing list.
- Email signatures.

What (else) brings you here?
I am on quite a few mailing lists, but I live in this one (I miss Dirk Laurie).

Russ