On Wed, 5 Feb 2020 at 12:29, Egor Skriptunoff
<egor.skriptunoff@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 8:02 PM nobody wrote:
>>
>> (Oh and you don't need 64-bit bitops or
>> you're willing to make your own…)
>>

> LuaJIT 2.1 does support 64-bit bitops.

Are the semantics identical to the 5.3 64-bit bitops, and if not could
you give a summary of (or a pointer to where I can learn about) the
differences? The docs I found find talk about LuaJIT's 32-bit bitops
only.

I assume that, even if the semantics are different, that it should be
possible to translate one to the other via extra operations? In other
words, suppose I wanted to make a bit64 library with Lua 5.3 and
LuaJIT implementations that produce 5.3-like results... how would that
look like?

-- Hisham